JAVA Backend Developer
The Java Backend team at Media Distillery is responsible for our real-time video analysis platform. Our Backend Fermenters develop the platform and continuously add new features that change the way our customers interact with our products. We are looking for developers who are passionate about audio and video and who are ready to take on the greatest challenges facing the television industry. As a Backend Fermenter, you will be involved in all stages of development within the team, from specification to design, development, Unit- and UI testing and deployment. You thrive in a start-up environment and are a hands-on team player.
What you’ll do
- Design, develop, test, deploy and monitor our real-time video analysis platform
- Help automate the development cycle and creation of our platform
- Closely cooperate with the team in understanding and implementing new features to the platform
- Facilitate the implementation and adoption of new tools and technologies
- Work in a Scrum / Agile environment
Who you are
- You are passionate about Java but an all-round developer
- You understand Linux server environments
- You are brilliant in using modern frameworks, such as dependency injection (Guice, Spring, etc.)
- You understand and have implemented different levels of testing (Unit, System, integration)
- You are quality-focused, ambitious and an agile learner
- You have a “You build it, you run it” mentality and stay on top of the day-to-day operation of your software
- You are fluent in English
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
It would be great if
- You have worked with NoSQL technologies (Cassandra, Elasticsearch)
- You have Puppet, Terraform, Kubernets or Docker for breakfast (or wish to have them for breakfast)
- You have experience with CI/CD, system admin and cloud computing
- You have a master’s degree in Computer Science
What we offer
Besides being able to develop the next generation of media experiences together with a fantastic group of international colleagues in an entrepreneurial startup environment we offer:
- An annual training budget to work on your skills or to use for events
- A monthly hackathon during office hours
- Every Friday Beer O’clock
- Ping pong sessions
- Annual company events
- Great coffee and free (healthy) snacks
Of course you can also count on a competitive salary, travel cost expenses, 25 vacation days, flexible working hours and a laptop/desktop of your choice.
Want to become part of a growing startup where you can make an impact? Let’s get in touch!
Apply right here
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please do not make use of this vacancy as an acquisition opportunity for recruiting agencies, etc., as we will not consider them.