Senior Java Developer
We develop state-of-the-art technologies that change how consumers around the globe watch (online) television. We provide unique AI technology to understand what’s inside video. Our Deep Content Understanding™ solution generates next-generation metadata and enables consumers and media professionals to search and analyze video content in real-time and at unparalleled scale. Do you want to help us deliver the next ground-breaking innovative AI solutions that will revolutionize the video and media industry?
We believe in a way of working where a small team is responsible for the development and life of a full product. Those small teams have a lot of freedom and responsibility. You build it, you run it.
What you’ll do
- Work in an agile environment in a small team to design, develop, test and monitor and expand one of our products.
- Automate the development cycle and creation of our platform using Kubernetes, Helm, Jenkins and other tools.
- Be an inspiration to the team, share your knowledge, best practices and offer guidance
- Closely cooperate with the team in understanding and implementing new features to the platform
- Facilitate the implementation and adoption of new tools and technologies like Cassandra, Elasticsearch and more.
- Optimize our platform for large international clients in the television industry
- Work and preach industry best practices
Who you are
- You are passionate about Java but an all-round developer
- You understand Linux server environments, Docker and Kubernetes
- You are brilliant in using modern frameworks, such as Springboot.
- You understand and have implemented different levels of testing (Unit, System, integration)
- You have a “You build it, you run it” mentality and stay on top of the day-to-day operation of your software
- You are fluent in English and you have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- You have the mentality to fix what is broken and continuously improve. Both systems and yourself.
It would be great if
- You have worked with NoSQL technologies (Cassandra, Elasticsearch)
- You have experience with CI/CD, system admin and cloud computing
- You have a master’s degree in Computer Science
What we offer
Besides being able to develop the next generation of media experiences together with a fantastic group of international colleagues in an entrepreneurial startup environment we offer:
- The opportunity to learn and develop yourself in a fast-moving company with lots of room for own initiatives
- An annual training budget to work on your skills or to use for events
- A monthly hackathon during office hours
- Cool company events
- Bi-weekly outdoor workout with our personal trainer
- Everything you need for your home office
- A laptop of choice for you to excel in your job
- International team with lots of growth opportunities
- Travel expenses
- Flexible working hours with the possibility to work from home when needed (also after Corona)
- 25 vacation days
And after Covid 19:
- Every Friday Beer O’clock
- Ping pong tournaments
- Great coffee and free (healthy) snacks
- Standing desks
Want to become part of a growing startup where you can make an impact? Let’s get in touch!
Send us your CV and a cover letter, and we will come back to you asap!
Apply right here
Please do not make use of this vacancy as an acquisition opportunity for recruiting agencies, etc., as we will not consider them.